What is X Builder ?
It’s a collection of blocks for Magix Xara Web Designer
X Builder incredibly speeds up building a website
- no subscription
- no online services
- download and save it on your hard drive – use it forever.
Last update – November 8, 2018 – see changelog
Each block contains:
- 2 variants: Mobile (480px) and Main (960px) with Auto-fit to page feature – you can easily create new variants,
- named colors,
- text styles
You can use it for personal and commercial project for you or your client unlimited number of times.
You can’t use it for creating templates for free or paid download..
How to use X Builder in Xara Web Designer
X Builder Installation
- Unzip the xbuilder.zip file.
- Move the XBuilder folder to preferred location.
- Open “Local Designs gallery” and click “Disc designs…” button.
- Navigate to XBuilder folder and click “Add” button.
Drag & Drop blocks
When you want to start a new project, use “Start Pages” category. Start Pages are first pages of the project. They usually include header with a logo and top navigation.
Go to Local Designs gallery ⇒ X Builder ⇒ Start Pages and drag & drop a preferred page.
In the same way you can drag & drop other web blocks.
Move the blocks.
Arrange the blocks.
- Extend the Start page height.
- Click on the page block which you want to move.
- Press Ctrl-A to select all objects.
- Grab and move all objects up (tip. When moving, press Ctrl key to move it straight).
Repeat this in the Mobile variant.
With Auto-fit feature you can easily change width of the Main variant or create a new one. All objects will automatically adjust to the page width.
Create more variants at the end of the designing process. You’ll have less editing.
Auto-fit is a feature of Xara Web Designer/Designer Pro 15 and above.
Why Our Blocks?
Click on the images below to see full size demos.
Because of number of all blocks, demo was divided into 30 blocks in each part.
Please be patient and wait for the demo to fully loads (many photos).
How to create a website in minutes.
Q. How to install X Builder files in Xara Web Designer?
If you want to install, you can do it in Local Designs Gallery:
- Select Local Design Gallery
- Click “Disc designs…”
- Navigate where you’ve unziped XBuilder.
- Click Add button
You can also use X Builder from windows explorer. Use “drag & drop”. Windows has great search engine. You can save searches and this gives you better flexibility.
Q. Are blocks compatible with Xara Web Designer Premium 12 (365) / 15 / 16?
Yes. All block were created in Xara Web Designer Premium 15. You can also use them in XWD 12 and 16 without any problem.
They will also work in XWD 11, but you will get the warning message that they were created in newer version of the program. Beside that warning all blocks are working normally.
Q. Can I use the Blocks in an existing website and will they fit the page size?, or is it only for Building new one?
They have 2 variants (width). 480px, 960px. They fit to projects that are design in 2 variants also. If the project has one variant, then only one will be imported.
If the project has different width then blocks, it need to be modify.
Q. Why block is imported as a new page?
Blocks are imported as new page and this is as it should be. You can’t create block in 2 or 3 variants that is imported to the program otherway then new page.
November 8, 2018
- Added Auto-fit to page feature to all blocks.
- All block have only 2 variants now. Because of “Auto-fit” feature you can easily change width of the Main variant or create a new one.
- Divided into categories – XBuilder can be now easily install and use from Local Design Gallery
- Hundreds of fixes
- Updated to 888 blocks
May 24, 2018
- Updated to 817 blocks
Mar 28, 2018
- Updated to 743 blocks
Jan 10, 2018
- Initial release: 533 blocks